Friday, December 12, 2008

My Favorite Things: Bubbly & Missoni


The Bubbly Girl has had a glorious week of bubbles and amazing events in San Diego and Las Vegas this week; it's hard for me to decide what has been most amazing!

First I must tell you about the wonderful Missoni charity fashion show presented this week by Nordstrom's to benefit the Center for Community Solutions. In case you've never heard of it, CCS does life-changing and vital work to help women who are affected by sexual assault and domestic violence. I love the warm spirit of all their events, but this was the best.

A huge tent in Joan Waitt's back yard (yeah it's that big) was the scene of a salon filled with the spring collection of colorful and sexy designs by this iconic Italian fashion house. The delightful Margherita Missoni, the granddaughter of the founders and the fresh young face of the line, was the special guest, along with her uncle Vittorio Missoni and aunt Maurizia.



San Diego's most fashionable women -- many dressed in their favorite Missoni dresses from seasons past (I'm in my Ernesta dress) -- mingled, window-shopped and sipped Zardetto Prosecco while nibbling on creative appetizers by Waters Fine Catering. My favorite quip was when the server offered a petite blue cheese ball covered with walnuts and Missoni - er make that Mission- figs.


Just before 7 p.m. we all entered the dramatically lit runway tent and were treated to the same fashion show that was done in Milan. So many pretty things...I can always dream!

No comments: